Saturday, October 31, 2009

From my personal keepsakes

These pieces are again experiments for personal use and I have to ask for his forgiveness showing them but it shows how Christopher wanted to express what he saw in nature and how it inspired him. I think the beauty, besides the hard work is that marbling has the magic of nature. Growing up near a river and seeing it flow and the constant changes reminds me of the floating colors on size.
Here on the piece to the left the leaves are incredibly delicate; clicking on an image will enlarge most of them. At first, for so many years, it was his only goal to achieve marbled papers for binders to use but as I stated before it was impossible to produce in an apartment and there was no money to rent a studio.

I think about you Marblers as I share this because you may see into the heart of Christopher's workings so very private really. Hearing from you that you appreciate my blog makes me continue with enthusiasm.

No comments:

Post a Comment