Sunday, October 11, 2009

A Marbler's quest

Christopher tried to understand all aspects of the use of marbling in the past and present. Having done several books and one by me, the Tribute to his work and life as well as some articles I do not want to repeat myself with this blog. Perhaps I might write about what I remember of the size he used most of his marbling years: guar gum. It was mainly cost that made him find the size for the many years of experimenting, not to mention the cost of paper, color and water. Above a piece of calligraphy by Christopher.



And here to the left a stenciled piece by him and on the right a stenciled rose, as always just experimenting, not meant for sale or showing really.
So that you know I'm still thinking of adding more I wanted to share a few pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment