Saturday, January 30, 2010

Exhibitons and lectures

I am trying to figure out what to show and share next made me think of the lectures and exhibitions I was involved with after Christopher passed. Having been involved with designing his two books (sewing the miniature book), his lectures, slide shows etc. but not the actual marbling. That is also why I'm happy to have been able to do the Tribute book so soon after, remembering his dreams and showing his work. I felt like saying to him "See, I listened" though it would have been wonderful had he known other marblers to talk with but this didn't happen until two years before he passed.
Sometimes I try to focus just on my art work but I'm always drawn back to his work and also having made so many friends with Marblers' through the lectures the subject is often close. There have been articles (Ink & Gall) about the first Memorial exhibition in Feb. 1989. So now I want to sort my thoughts so not to repeat some things written and share with others who have not read about it. I have frustratingly reworked this entry with some exhibtion photos and the preview looked perfect, the posting didn't. I will try another time.
The above photo is from the Newsletter O.I.C.Research Centre for Islamic History, Arts and Culture
August 1998, No.46 A slide lecture I gave at the centre in Istanbul in connection to the Exhibition at Ebristan

2 comments:

  1. I do enjoy your posts, Ingrid, and seeing Christopher's beautiful marbling. I first "discovered" Christopher through "Ink & Gall", so long ago now, and I remember how sad I was to know that the world had lost this wonderfully talented young man. All the best to you, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Carol
    You touch my heart, thank you for your response. I do need these to continue, it gives me such joy that it is appreciated.
    Yes, it is so very long ago and yet in my heart so close. I wonder sometimes what he would have done in all the years since.

    ReplyDelete